Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Feels Good To Have Someone Stand By You: I'll Stand By You By The Pretenders




When you're problems start mounting, you start to feel that you're all alone. That feeling gets stronger when there's no one to turn to or no one even cares. Then out of the blue, someone does come in when things get tougher. These are the people who have your back when you thought there was nobody there. When I think of people like that, I remember the song "I'll Stand By You" by The Pretenders.

A lot of times there have been people who just gave me a helping hand when it seems there was none. From my parents, my brothers, classmates, friends and even strangers who I now consider my friends. They came in and cheered me up when I was down. The fact that it was unexpected made me appreciate it even more. Well, they also gave me some constructive advice and I didn't mind because it was for my own good. What was important was that they took the time out to see how I was which means a lot to me.

It's cool when someone stops by and lends a hand to those who need it. It makes one feel that there's someone out there looking out for you. I guess it's the Big Guy's way of showing us that things are still okay. That's why I never take people like that for granted. They stood by me when things were bad and I will always be grateful for that.

No comments: