Thursday, July 7, 2011

I'm Still Thankful I Still Am: I'm Alive By Jackson Browne




Despite the many depressing and complaining post that I write on this blog, I never take for granted the good things that happened in my life. It's a good reminder that things are not so bad. Apart from that, the fact that I'm still here means I'm probably doing something. I guess that something is that I'm still alive. The fact that I'm thankful I'm still here, reminds me of the song "I'm Alive" by Jackson Browne.

There have been a lot of ups and downs in my life (a lot of them downs) yet I'm still here. I accredit that to the old saying that while you're still alive, there's still hope. That's one of the few things that helped me through the many storms that always rain down on me. I could've let myself get swallowed up by the flood but I chose to hold on. I guess I'll keep holding on till the sun rises and I hope rises soon.

I don't know when I'll get it right. I guess I'll just have to keep trying till I do. Nobody said that life was easy and things get worse before they get better. All I know is that I'm still alive and I'm thankful for that. I guess I just have to be more alive to appreciate it more.

No comments: