Saturday, July 9, 2011

A Cool Place To Live: Sunny Hills By Bobby Caldwell




I remember when I started earning a lot, I so happy that I was contemplating on moving out and going on my own. Too bad, fate took a nasty turn and today it's just a good memory. Still, if I had the chance (and the money) to move out and settle somewhere, it would be where people are cool and stress was non-existent. To sum it up, some place where I can live in peace doing what I want to do. One song that embodies that dream is Bobby Caldwell's "Sunny Hills".

Every time I hear this song, I feel at peace for some reason. Some people say that this song is about a retirement home but for me it's my ideal neighborhood. A place where you can make a lot of friends and let your mind drift to dreamland is a dream itself. A House with a rocking chair that faces the sunset is probably where I'll be from dawn till dusk. Add a cuban in one hand and a brew in the other and I'm as happy as a clam.

Well, that dream is still a long way off though. Times are hard and if I want to achieve that dream I'm work hard and work smart. These days money melts away faster than ice in a volcano. Still, it's a dream worth pursuing which is why I like this song. It reminds me that somewhere out there is a place worth settling down on.

No comments: