Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Overlook Song/When I Think About All Those Girls: China Girl By John Cougar Mellencamp




A lot of my entries in this blog have used songs from John Mellencamp. He started out as John Cougar, then John Cougar Mellencamp and finally John Mellencamp. Despite the name change, it did not change the quality of his songs which were always good to listen both then and now. Still, there were a lot of songs that should have been played on air that never got the chance. That's always been the pratfall of a lot of stations both in the past and the present. One such song that should have been played on the air from him is "China Girl".

This is one of my favorite songs from the album "American Fool". I have to admit, it makes me think about all those girls from past to present. For me, they were all immaculate and left a deep impression on me. When me and friends met last Friday, it was one of the topics that came into play. I guess we all had our dream girls back then. When this song plays, I can see them again in my mind. Just like them,

I was wondering what happened to them and how they are doing today. I hope that they are all doing well. They were cool girls and will always will be in my book. I hope to get to meet them someday. I'll say it again, they're all immaculate just like that China girl.

No comments: