Thursday, July 28, 2011

To My Girl Buddy: Good Friend By Mary MacGregor



Yesterday started off badly as the storm intensified and I had to walk in the rain again. Though I had a jacket and umbrella. there were some parts of my clothes that got wet. Apart from that, the storm intensified and we were all worried that it might flood the roads. Then out of the blue, my old girl buddy dropped by for a visit and we had a short chat about how we were doing and how the guys in Quezon City were faring. Though it was only for a few minutes, I felt seeing and talking to her because for some reason she always lifts me up when I'm down. When I think of her, the song "Good Friend" by Mary MacGregor comes to mind.

I remember they use to show this on Channel 2 back in the 70's when there were was a lack of programs to watch. I have to admit, it's a guilty pleasure to listen to. Anyway whenever she's there, it brightens my day even when the storm is at its height. I miss the good old days when we use to call each often and she did give good advice. I never forget the goods that she did for me and she did without asking for anything in return which is why I value her friendship.

I don't anything from her anymore for she's done enough for me. The fact that we still keep in touch is something that I am very grateful for. I'm glad that she's doing all right cause she deserves all the blessings that God has bestowed to her. I just hope that our friend would last forever for she's one in a million. She really is a good friend and I'm blessed to her friend.

No comments: