Friday, July 1, 2011

Slow But Good Gathering: Let The Good Times Roll By The Cars




Well yesterday, I received a call from my buddy telling that tonight's gimmick is on. I have to admit that after a stressful time, it'd be good to see the old group again. But as I've mentioned in my earlier blog posts, I'm not the party animal I use to be. So I'm glad to hear that there's nothing wild going on and just a good old gathering of buds who haven't seen each other for a while. That's the reason why I chose the song "Let The Good Times Roll" by The Cars.

As I've mentioned earlier, the last couple of months have been very stressful. All work and no play makes one really dull and boy I'm so dull that I can't cut a simple breeze. That's why when he called me for a get-together, I said yes without hesitation. I haven't them in a while and I could sure use a change of scenery. Just a moment to see them again does wonders for my soul.

It's been a long time and I really need some relief. I'm also glad that nothing wild will be planned tonight. I'm too old for that. Brews, herbs and good old conversation is all I need. I look forward to tonight cause I could sure use it. Please lordy, don't let anything bad happen tonight. I only have a few pleasures left and this is one of them so I hope the good times roll even if it's a slow roll.

No comments: