Saturday, July 2, 2011

Cool Gathering: Good Clean Fun By The Allman Brothers Band




Man, What a cool night I had! That get-together was a success as I spent the night with some of my high school batchmates. It was a long time since we've been together and after coping with a lot of stress, it was great seeing them again as we spent the nights exchanging stories over a few brews. It was everything that I always wanted in a gathering and thank God it was a success! After having a good time, I feel like listening to the song "Good Clean Fun" by The Allman Brothers.

I know this song is scouring but it is also about having a good time without any hassles. There was certainly no hassles that happened last night. I felt like I was in high school again as the conversation and laughter took the years away and for just night, we were all classmates again. We were all having a lot of fun that we didn't realize it was almost dawn. Even though I was stewed, I didn't cause I was with my people again and it felt great.

I am thankful that nothing bad happened last night because it's been a while since I had a good time and I haven't these guys in ages. I really hoped that that nothing would ruin the night and thankfully nothing bad happened. Initially, we thought about going out but to heck with that cause we were all having good time and the joints weren't good and didn't cater to our taste. As Don Henley said in the Sunset Grill, "All Our Friends Are Here" so why ask for anything else? Look forward to another round with them again sometime in the future cause last night was a blast!

No comments: