Saturday, July 16, 2011

Missing The Old House: Green River By Credence Clear Water Revival




Last year, I blogged about my old house where I used the song "Barry Town" by Steely Dan for that post. Still reeling from that stupid escapade, I remember the good times that me, my brothers and my friends had back there. Life was way much simpler back then and there was always a place to hang out with since it was so large. The good about that is there was always a corner where one could retreat to and just chill. Missing that old house reminds me of the song "Green River" by Credence Clear Water Revival.

Man life was so simpler back then. That was always a place of magic and mystery where there was always something going down on a weekends. Even when nothing was happening, you can simply chill the whole day away without a care in the world. I had a lot of fun living there. It was our own version of Never Never Land.

Sadly, things are different now. Getting genuine down time is now a rare commodity. Worse part about is whenever I pass by the old road leading to my former residence, I can't help but feel a stab in the heart realizing that it's no longer there. Sometimes at night, I remember the place the way it was back then and all the great times that we had which so much fun. Maybe if some miracle would happen, one day I'll back there and the old place restored to its old glory and the good times are back again

.

No comments: