Thursday, June 30, 2011

Another Song That Reminds Me Of My Annoying Friend: The More You Ignore Me, The Closer I Get By Morrissey




Once in a while, I blog about that annoying friend of mine who gets on my nerves and does the same to everybody. He's persistent to the point of annoying. The more you say no him, the more he forces the issue. He reminds of that cow in the cartoon Rocco's Modern Life. His annoying persistence reminds me of the song "The More You Ignore Me, The Closer I Get" by Morrissey.

Since the day he started to tag along with me, it's been a love-hate (with a lot of hate) relationship. A lot of times, he would insist on barging into my house and empty the frig. When that isn't enough, he would come with all these crazy schemes to sell stuff and annoy the heck out of everybody. The worst part of his escapades is that he'll till night falls and insist that I bring him home.

Those were the days (glad they're not there anymore)! The last time I saw him, he was now in the army. One thing I envy about him was that he was able to achieve his ambition to be part of the military and be an officer at that. Surprisingly, he has matured as well as settled down with a family. I haven't heard from him since and though I still consider him as a friend, I don't miss his annoying persistence. I would've wanted to record his voice rants cause I sell them for message and ring tones and I'd probably make a fortune (Ha! Ha! Ha!).

No comments: