Saturday, June 4, 2011

Feeling At Ease In The Evening: Heart Of The Night By Poco




As much as it is bad for my health, I tend to stay up a little late than usual during the evening. With no where to go and no one to see these days, I have said many times that it's in the evening that I feel at ease. When things quiet down, I get a chance to relax and calm down after all the stressful surprises of the day. It gets better when I turn on my 24K tunes which I'd rather do to feel better. One song that does that is Poco's song "Heart Of The Night".

Back then I thought I had a lot on my mind. These days those thoughts has multiplied a thousand times more. With no money and everybody that I hang out with gone, finding a way to cope has just gotten harder. It's only when the evening comes and everybody's dozed off, that I finally feel some relief. The night breeze cooling me off and the 24K tunes are a good combination of chasing the blues away.

It may not be enough for some but it'll do for me. I'm getting older and those bright lights and expensive bars have already lost their appeal. Still, the only side effect is that I miss my buds and bros and the good times that we had when life was less stressful. Listening to this song and others like it during the evening is the next best thing. All I need to do is just cruise down the memory lane in the heart of the night and everything's all right again.

No comments: