Friday, June 10, 2011

Remembering My Father: My Father's Eyes By Eric Clapton




I almost forgot that apart from the start of the of the school year, June also celebrates Father's Day. This is the day where we honor our father's who have brought us from to this world and have been our guiding light through our lives. Once again, this day has melancholy note for me and for my family as our father is no longer with us. Now that he's gone, I'm beginning to understand why he acted the way he did, especially now that I am trying my best to do what I can for my mother. Remembering my father reminds me of Eric Clapton's song "My Father's Eyes".

Though it's been a year, I'm still miss my father, especially during Saturday mornings when I would help load his golf clubs to the car or when he ask for a back-rub to loosen up for the evening. When I was younger, I couldn't understand my father due to his temper that led to many outburst, but later in life, he became more affable and it great to hang around him, especially during the weekends when the family gathered for dinner. That's the reason why we still find it hard to believe that he's no longer here. It gets harder when I see my mom suddenly bursting into tears which is a sign that she still mourns his passing.

They say that once someone is gone, that's when you regret it and right now it I have to admit that it's true. There were so many things that could have done if he was still alive but alas, it's over now. The best that I can do is straighten out my life and carry on. There are still a lot of things that I have to do but I am determine to succeed for his sake. As Father's Day approaches, I miss him deeply. I hope he's happy up there with Grand Father and Nanny and I hope one day, we'll see him again.

No comments: