Monday, June 13, 2011

Sometimes Even The Ones Who Love Us Hurt Us: Love Of My Life By Queen





One of the harsh realities of life is that even the ones who love us best can hurt us. A lot of times, it's done unintentionally but nevertheless, the damage is done. For the victim, it adds insult to injury when the offending party forgets about what was done as if nothing happened. That can sow the seeds of discontent among family members. If left unchecked, it could even break up a family and lead to a lot of bad blood. When that happens, it reminds me of the song "Love Of My Life" by Queen.

As much as possible, I don't want to remember those dark days when bad blood suddenly flowed among us. Apart from the painful feelings brought about by those times, I fear talking about it would be like opening old wounds which is something I don't want to do. It was a lousy time for all of us since we were all affected by the conflict/ The best that I can do is learn from it cause I don't want something like that to happen again.

These days I really do my best to be careful of what I say or what I do. Those days still haunt me for all the pain that it brought. I'm sure that nobody wants that cause it leaves a huge hole inside you that only your loved and fill. That's the reason why I'm glad the bonds that were broken have been restored. In the end, nobody wins when that can kind of hurt happens.

No comments: