Thursday, June 2, 2011

One Of My Favorite Fight Movies: The Wanderer By Dion





One of my favorite movies when I was growing up was the "Wanderers". Like the "Warriors" which was also my favorite, it was different gangs that roamed the streets. Only difference is that the Warriors was set in the late 70's or early 80's while the former was set in the 50's. Still both films had very cool fights scenes that I kept watching again and again. Theme song from the movie was appropriately "The Wanderer" by Dion.

I don't know if it was really true about gangs back then with each of them having their own gang jackets that sets them apart from other groups. Still, when you were a kid seeing guys in groups wearing the same kind of jacket or clothes strikes you as impressive. Apart from that, what I really like were the fight scenes. They were realistic and in-your-face action that kept you wanting for more. Even the martial arts scenes of the Wongs in the rumble was impressive cause it depicted the proper use of martial arts in a fight.

The five of us were always fight fanatics when we were young and anything that had fight in it, we'd watch it to see if it was worth it. Nowadays, most gang films are all about the guns where most people hide behind rather let their fist do the talking. That's the reason why I'm not excited about movies nowadays cause all about the effects rather than natural moves. Like a lot of good things, those days are now gone forever

No comments: