Friday, June 24, 2011

Reflections: Reflections By The Supremes




As I have mentioned, I use my favorite songs from 24K as a base for the posts that I write on my blog. It helps the ideas flow as I type my post. It also gives readers something to listen to as they read my blog entries to better understand the message in it. Every time I listen to these songs, it helps me reflect on the good old days as well as the way I feel at the end of the day. That's especially true when I dwell on certain events that left an imprint of my mind as well as my soul. One such song that makes me reflect on the way life has been is the Supreme's song "Reflections".

That's the reason why I find hard to move on a 24K Weekend. The bring out a lot of powerful memories, especially the would'ves and could'ves. Even if it's water under the bridge, you can't help but dwell on it as a 24K song reminds you of it. Times like I just get caught in the moment and see visions of the past. It can be bitter-sweet as you see the good as well as the bad. It can't be helped because that's just how strong those memories are for me.

It doesn't help that life is getting harder which only makes you long for the good old days. In the end, you get up in the morning and face the daily grind. In my case take a little time out to get myself in order just to shake the past from my head and put myself in the present. You can't live in the past and if you want to relive it, you have to work hard in the present. Still, when there's time, I try to learn from my reflections and hopefully use it wisely.

No comments: