Wednesday, June 22, 2011

I Find This More Scary Than Any Zombie Movie Scene: Comanche Written By Revels




During the early 90's, one of my favorite movies was "Pulp Fiction" which was a film by Quentin Tarantino and Lawrence Bender. I liked the film for its original approach to movie-making as well the great acting by the cast. There were many great scenes as well as memorable quotes from the movie. However, there was one scene there that I found scary. The song played in that scene was "Comanche' by the Revels.

That was the scene were Butch Coolidge and Marcellus Wallace found themselves tied up and gagged in the basement (the gags already gave me an idea of what kind of people their captors were and the gimp sent my flesh crawling). it didn't take much imagination to know what happened next when the two guys dragged Marcellus to a secret room and it was later revealed what they were doing, prompting Butch to kill one of them and leaving Marcellus to deal with the other guy. It worked out well in the end, as they both part ways with Butch cleared from his earlier offense provided that he won't come back and not tell anyone what happened to Marcellus.

For those of you who watched the movie, you know what I'm talking about. It's every straight guys biggest fear and if you ask me it's even more scary than any zombie movie scene cause it's real and it can happen. If you're not careful and you wind up like that, you know what the consequences will be. I wouldn't wish this on any guy no matter what his inclinations are. That's the reason why I consider it to be a very scary scene.

No comments: