Thursday, June 16, 2011

What I Learned From The Last Game Of The NBA Finals: It's Not Over (Til It's Over) By Starship




Though I'm still not a basketball fan, I found myself glued to the finals of the NBA which pitted the Miami Heat against the Dallas Mavericks. Like a classic Cindarella story, the Mavs who were the underdogs threw everything they had against the much vaunted Heat. All their hard work paid off as they out-fought their much hyped adversaries to finally win their first championship. It reminded me that while there is still time as well as determination and hard work, anything is possibler. I guess for this post, I chose Starship's song "It's Not Over (Til It's Over)".

Despite having the odds against, I was amazed by the way Mavs played during the finals, they gave no quarter and fought for every point and rebound. Even during the sixth game, they played hard and showed the same grit and determination until the last horn sounded. They won because they were not complacent and new that every minute and every shot counted. Even when Miami got the lead, they fought to retain it and once they got the lead, they extended it to ensure the Heat wouldn't be never be able to take away from them. They left nothing to chance to the very last second and it payed off. I hate to admit but I enjoyed watching it.

As for the Heat, I guess it's back to the drawing boards and I feel sorry for their fans as their much vaunted Big Three turn out to be bust. They had every opportunity to win as much or even more so than the Mavs but King James choked. I guess this is what happens when the hype over-shadows actual performance as Le Bron now has to bear the consequences of his team's loss. Once again, I congratulate the Mavs on their win. They knew that it's not over until it's over.

No comments: