Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Those Good Old Party Days: Louie, Louie By Richard Berry





With the unhealthy surprises coupled with everyday pressure, I find myself longing for the good old days when time was plenty and parties were rowdy. I was younger and my tolerance for the juice and herb was quite strong. Our parties may not have been those fashionable, but it was always close knit. When the juice started flowing and smoke fills the air, that's when the party starts rolling on it's own weight. Later on, people will rolling on the floor as they're too zonked out from a wild night. Those wild days remind me of Richard Berry's song "Louie, Louie".



I really liked this song when saw the pledge scene of Delta Tau Chi's new members in the movie Animal House. When you watch that scene, it gives an idea what kind of parties we have. A lot of brews, tried and proven pals and cool music topped with a lot of laughs as the juice sinks in and somebody starts to keel over. The next day is another matter as you struggle with a hangover and clean up the mess from last night. Still, being with good people and having a good time makes it all worth it.

These days, I don't have time or the dough for such escapades. Apart from that, a few bottles and I find myself passing out which is sadly a sign that I'm not young anymore. Still, one of these days, I would to have at least one of those kinds of parties with my friends and brothers all around drinking and laughing at old and new stories that we loved so much. All work and problems can really make a person dull. What better than a rowdy party with the buds to chase the blues away.

No comments: