Sunday, June 26, 2011

Running Is Just Like Life: Marathon By Rush



Apart from my usual workout of weights to keep me in shape, I've also added running and ab work. Of the three, running or I should jogging is the hardest cause I'm a not very good and you have to make a lot of preparations (stretching) before and after you do it. Still, I find it challenging because among the three it always dares me if I can make it to the house or not. This may sound too dramatic but sometimes when I run/jog in the morning, I can see similarities between it and life itself. With that in mind, I start to re-listen to Rush's song "Marathon".

Whenever you join a marathon even just jog, the one thing you want to do is to finish the planned distance that you are about to go through. The important thing I do remember about it is breathing;making sure you run right and to stretch as well as a lot of other things. I always imagine running is much like life as when you start, you realize it's not easy and along the way there are a lot of natural and man-made obstacles that could distract or keep you off guard. Your determination is put to the test when you feel your legs burning and you start breathing deeply which is a sign of fatigue. That's when you make adjustments and though it might make you slower, at least you are able to make it back.

Same goes in life as you struggle with a world that is hard and getting harder. It starts to wear on you physically as well as mentally. That's when you push yourself harder than give in to the pressure. The finish line is the goal that you yourself set and when you reach it, that's you can raise your hands high. Like a marathon, life is a race but the only difference is the finish is the goal you set for.yourself.

No comments: