Tuesday, June 14, 2011

A Forgotten Movie That Was Always In My Mind: Sail The Summer Wind By Lynn Paul




I remember when I was young, I was watching a movie trailer called "The Dove" and for some reason, the trailer stuck to my head. It wasn't until I was in third year high school that I saw the film on the television and liked it immensely. It told the ups and down of a young sailor whose goal was to circumnavigate the world. I found the movie entertaining. I also like one of the soundtracks from the movie which is Lynn Paul's song "Sail The Summer Wind'.

The parts I liked about the film were scenes when he met Deborah Raffin's character as well the scene where he was caught in a storm but made it back and the girl swam to meet him. The hardest scene for me to watch was when the pressures of sailing and he fell into a tantrum as his girlfriend watched helplessly. In the end, he was about to pick himself up and rediscover the reason why he set in the first place. The best was when he was on his way home and he was met by fleet of friends and family, celebrating the end of his voyage.



The reason why I never forgot this film was because I watched it at a time when things were at an all-time low. Like the Graham, I too was in a slump as things went from bad to worse at the time. When I saw that part when he found the strength to continue, it gave me hope that things will get better in the end. Right now, things are tough but thanks to this film, it also reminds me that things will get better in the in the end if you keep focus on the goal. That's why this film holds a special place for me cause it reminds me that there is light at the end of the tunnel.

No comments: