Monday, August 18, 2008

Wanting Something Better: Heaven Must Be There By Eurogliders



With times getting harder, it's not surprising if a lot of us are wishing for something better or even wanting to leave the country for greener pastures. Nowadays, you'd be seeing people sitting by the porch or leaning by their doorstep with a faraway look in their eyes. Staying on a deteriorating area can sap your energy as well as your wallet as you feel your energy being sucked away. During hard times like this, we all want to find something better in life. Feeling the grind reminded of the song "Heaven Must Be There" by Eurogliders which is probably what everyone is wishing for right now.

The song describes a small town in Australia where opportunities are few, making the people wish for something better. It voices out the frustrations that the people living in the area feel about the state they are in. Many dream of something better and if takes going to another land, they are willing to do it. This is relevant now just as it was 20 years ago when I first heard it. I guess we all want something better because there comes a point where we realize that there is more to life than this.

Right now, I find myself feeling way after what I've been through and what I'm still going through. With the way things are, I guess better start doing some heavy about what to do about my situation. Time is gold and I better do something quick or forever whine about my plight which I don't want to do. I'm not asking for much; just for something better than what I got is all that I want. I hope I find it soon because like the song, there has to be something better out there and all of us have a right to that.

No comments: