Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Letting People Know Who You Are: If You Don't Know Me By Now Cover By Simply Red


Today I'm going to try writing about something I'm not very good at: opening up at relationships. I can tell you first hand, I'm as romantic as Woodrow Call and the last thing I want be right now is to be vulnarable, let surrender myself to some else. One thing I do know that is important in a relationship is that both of you know each other as well as yourselves because you have accept each others virtues and faults if you want it to last long. Unless you're both honest with each other, things are going to get rocky and eventually collapse between the two of you. It takes a lot of courage to be honest with each other because when you do so, it already states your commitment to your partner and with that in mind, I remember Simply Red's version of "If You Don't Know Me By Now".

Originally performed by Harold Melvin And The Blue Notes, I chose to post this version because it was popular during my time. In a nutshell, it's all about yourself and your significant other. It's not enough that you fall head over heels over someone and even if you don't you have to find why you felt that way in the process. Sure you don't think about it at first, but if you want to make it last, you have to know a great deal about each other which will really determine if you are truly serious. I remember what the Grandmother of Salma Hayek's character in the movie Fools Rush In said about the only way that you will ever know true love is if you surrender yourself fully and I believe the only way to that is to really know each other well. If you ask me, it's only through knowing that there can be accepting.

Whenever I'm ask why I'm not in a relationship, especially now that the clock is ticking fast, it's because I still have a lot issues to sort out things to fix. It wouldn't be fair to get into a relationship when you have so many questions that need answers. Right now I'm still picking up the pieces of the mess I made because I want to set things right and no one can do that but me. Maybe later on when things settle down. Hey, when you're alive, anything is possible.

No comments: