Thursday, August 7, 2008

Still Holding On To One's Principles: Like A Rock By Bod Seger And The Silver Bullet Band



From my early childhood to the present, I always considered myself a simple man who like living an ordinary life. Be that as it may, as times change, you learn things and pick up habits that you get from your siblings or your peers. Nevertheless, there some some principles and codes that become so much apart of you that no matter what the trend is, these are the things that you'll always believe in and nothing or nobody will convince you otherwise. For me, we all have certain ideals that we live by and when challenged on our beliefs, we stand our ground no matter how much people try to change our minds. One such song that reminds of being true to what I believe in is Bob Seger's song "Like A Rock".

Everytime I feel like looking back and reflecting on the decisions and the things that I've experienced, I often hear thing song playing inside my mind. The video really suits this song which features Bod Seger leaning by his car as he waits for the train to pass and as he waits, I'm not surprised that he has a lot in his mind. It's increadible how a lot of thoughts can go through your head when you pause for a moment and the video captures this very well. Through it all, he stood firm on his beliefs no matter what the results of his actions produced. Memories and principles are powerful mix even during a short pause.

When it comes to short pauses, I often do alot of reflection on my beliefs and my experiences in the past as well as the present. Right or wrong, I'm believed in those things then, I still believe in them now. Even though I tried to a few trends and fads, I never was one who change spots easily, which why when I was young, I was always against what was in style. This song wants me to break out a bottle of Southern Comfort and light a cigar as well as a "green one" whenever I hear it and like liquor because of how it affects me emotionally. It's damn good song then and it's still a damn good song now especially when it comes to reaffirming your principles which haven't changed through the years

No comments: