Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Longing For The Good Old Days: Young Turks By Rod Stewart


When adults tell the young, they have it easy, they better believe it. I took that advice for granted and today, I come home tired and full of apprehensions as to what to do about the situation I'm currently in. Man, things were so different back then when you cared about was if there was anything happening on the weekend. Whether it's having a few drinks with a tight circle or a big party where everyone will be there and have the time of their lives. Even hanging around with your buddies was good way to pass the time and when your young, time seemed endless. With this sentimental thought, I remember one of Rod Stewart's song "Young Turks" which was one of my favorites during the early 80's.

This song describes the somewhat free spirited and restless character that teenagers have during the height of their generation when they want to do everything and be tied down by nothing. Some do what they want and to heck with the rest. Others get into awkard or unfortunate situations such as teen pregnancy. Most just want to get as much of life as they possibly can. When you're young and full of energy, you just want it all and won't be restrained by anything or anyone. It's the same with any generation past or present.

I kinda like this song because it reminds me of how simple and easy life was. Compared to the present, everything was so simple and there wasn't a care in the world. Today, there are too many thoughts racing through my head which gives me no peace whether it's day or night. When I remember those times, I always wish that I could back and enjoy them again. When your time comes, make the most of it by being all that you can be and do all what you can do. Do it while you can because when it's over, it really is over.

No comments: