Thursday, August 21, 2008

To All Those Who Always Wind Up On The Short End Of The Stick: Fortunate Son By Credence Clear Water Revival



When I ask if after all the bad luck that I'm experiencing has ever dampen my faith, I would admit there were times when I lost faith but later found it again. The problem is that the bad times just won't stop. Sometimes you can take it, other times it can really knock you off your socks and that's what I'm experiencing lately. I don't know why things are always tough on me and no matter what I do, my luck doesn't change. It makes me feel like I'm not one of the lucky ones like the song "Fortunate Son" by Credence Clearwater Revival".

The song is criticizes the fact that during the Vietnam War only the poor served while the rich kids were able to evade the draft. Using their families'wealth and connections, they were able to avoid being sent to fight while those who couldn't or wouldn't avoid the war paid a terrible cost. Even during times of peace, a lot of people who seems to enjoy certain privileges while others work their asses off and get crap in return. Many times, there are people who give their all for the institutions who get discarded after a small mistake while others simply kiss butt and get rewards they don't deserve. It really proves that life isn't fair.

I guess I'm writing this because lately, I'm really feeling the grind from working hard only to get totally drained and have more problems rain down on me. Just now I receive some news that really cause blood to leave my face and it was all because I want to do something good for the house. In all honesty. I volunteered because I wanted to do something good and I wind up with hand getting bitten by something which is now working it's way to my entire arm. The reason why I did it is because I know nobody else would and right I'm starting to feel the unfairness of it all. I'm not asking for a reward for doing this; I only want to give something back, but despite this unfortunate development, I'll still push through because I believe in keeping my word.

No comments: