Tuesday, August 5, 2008

How Do Some People Do It? : Money For Nothing By Dire Straits



I hope get through this two weeks without a hitch. Right now, all I could say is that it's been a rough month and two weeks of belt tighting and finger-biting waiting but atleast the end is near. Hopefully nothing bad financially happens again because that throws everything down the drain and we can't afford it. When I think about money problems, I often wonder how do some people do it: make money effortlessly. Whenever this thought comes to mind, it reminds me of the song "Money For Nothing",

It was one of the songs that characterized the 80's fast times fueled by big money. It's video also featured computer generated-animation which was a first in music video. If I remember right, the song talks about Liberace when they mention the "f" world wearing the earing and the mink coat. When I think about the workers wishing they were rock stars, I guess it's because of the tough times that they have to financially contend with. It was a time when a good idea really got you rich and when you at the present economic situation, you really long for the old days.

When I look at the predicament I'm in now, a good idea can be very useful indeed. I just hope that I able to make improvements in my finances, though I really don't want to be to rich. All I want is to have a little bit more for the needs of my parents and myself which are very simple. I hope that I achieve that before the year ends. Although sometimes I really wonder how successful people do it because they really reap the fruits of their labor. I hope I get to do the same.

No comments: