Sunday, August 24, 2008

Women Who Stand By Their Men: Everything I Need By Men At Work



Whenever someone would ask me why I'm still single, it's because I still have a lot of issues to resolve regarding my life. I lived by the philosophy that you should fix yourself up before hitching with another person. Be that as it may, I have to admit, I does my heart good when I see a couple living happily together, especially when the husband has the full support of his woman that there's nothing more that he would want in the world. I guess that affirms the wise old saying that behind every great man, there is a great woman or something like that. Stating that wise old lesson, it makes me want to request the song "Everything I Need" by Men At Work.

This is another song that makes me feel good, especially when it gets played late in the afternoon when the wind cool everything and the sun starts to set. For a lot of happily married couples, there's nothing like coming home at the end of the day to find your wife greeting you with open arms. Even when things didn't go well and there are a lot of things that need to resolve, when you see her smile as you enter the house, nothing else matters. No matter how strong men are, they'll be the first to admit that alot of credit goes to their women. If you don't believe me, read what King Leonidas said about Spartan Women in the book "Gates Of Fire".

Without that kind of emotional support, I doubt if any man can make it through the day, let alone the year. However, for something like this to happen, there has to be a lot of trust and commitment from both sides. I guess this is why though I prefer to be single, I have a high respect for the sacrament of marriage because both people draw strength from each other through the years. I really don't if I'll ever get married and the clock is ticking. If ever the day comes when I say "I do", I hope to get the same warm feeling that I get when I hear this song play on the radio.

No comments: