Saturday, August 2, 2008

Bad Times Getting Badder: Sometimes Bad Is Bad



Yesterday, I was able to breathe easy as the paper came down and our group was still intact, although it still hasn't calmed my nerves, let alone allayed my fears. It's bad enough things are getting tough and this had to happen. As much as I shouldn't and mustn't complain, this nevertheless stinks. Why is it bad things keep happening when you already have enough problems to deal with, I never understand. I guess this is What Huey Lewis And The News were talking about in their song "Sometimes Bad Is Bad".

Whenever I hear this song, I feel like waking up early in the morning to what is pre-ordained to be a very bad day. The song is very different from their usual happy-go-lucky tunes because it has a very blues-like feel to it. They talk about bad times and how being cool or I guess keeping your head clear is one way to deal with the situation. Despite the good advice, bad things still happen. I guess in the end, it's a matter of trying to keep it together and figure a way out of a horrid situation.

Right now one part of my predicament has been solved, but as I have written in the first paragragh, I still feel uneasy. I guess one reason is because we're under the microscope and the reason why is still a mystery. A part of me is also angry because this isn't right and I feel like somebody's arrogantly playing the Big G with us. Hopefully, there would be some light at the end of this dark tunnel and things get resolved without a hitch. Until then, I'm going to have to toughen things out cause right bad is bad and that's no understatement.

No comments: