Monday, August 25, 2008

If Things Were Different: Wouldn't It Be It Be Good By Nick Kershaw



Although I'm now in recovery mode from my deep blue funk, I still get a dose of bad luck from time to time. It's like finally getting the division withdrawal in order from a battle field only to get some pounding from enemy shells as the troops march out. Emotionally, mentally and yes, physically, I'm still trying to get myself in order and the sad part about that is the year is almost out. Very little has changed which is why I've had that prolonged feeling of frustration these past few months which were exacerbated by alot of unfortunate incidents which started my temper boiling. When things remain the same no matter how hard you try to change them, you really get the feeling that some people really got it lucky which is further accentuated when you them and think about your situation. Wishing about greener pastures make me want to listen to the song "Wouldn't It Be Good" by Nick Kershaw.

For me, the song talks about what happens when problems really start to take their toll on a person. It gets to a point that you wish you were on the other side of the fence where thngs are better than the situation that you are presently in. When I see the video of this song, I think it tackles the difficulties of being different, especially in the part where the people start crowding arounding and he tries to run. In the end, he runs away from it all and when sees a large satellite, he transports himself out that area. In way, I think that was the coolest part of the video.

With reality baring down on me everyday, I'm begining to appreciated this song and the video more. Right now, I want to change what's happening around and I hope to eventually achieve that one day. I know this won't be easy and time is running short, but I have to keep on trying because I don't want let things go on the way they are. It's natural to wise that things were different and that life was better, but wishing for something and making real are two different things. Still, though my faith is shaky, I hope that I achieve all my goals even if takes time and a lot of effort to achieve it.

No comments: