Saturday, August 16, 2008

All About The Good Old Days: Glory Days By Bruce Springsteen



You know this monotonous details is really starting to wear me out. Everyday, I get a reminder of what the term "Dead End'" is all about physicall, mentally and emotionally. Don't get me wrong; it's not that I welched out of my last two entries on faith. I'm just saying that I kinda long for the good times when the everyone was here and the drinks were flouring and the "fat ones" were being passed around as it further heigthened everyone's spirits and everyone didn't the night to end. Most important of all was the times when you were at your best and you felt that nothing can stop you. When remembering those time when you were at your best, I guess it's time to listen to Bruce Springsteen's song "Glory Days".

To put it simply, the song is all about remembering the best times of your life. When you look at the song's video, it was aptly set in a bar which is probably the best place to discuss such a topic. Usually when you're young, you talk about what you want to do or your ambitions, but when your old or getting older you talk about the great times and the crazy times you spent with cool people as well as the accomplishments you made that gave your life some meaning. Whether things went as planned or not, there were still some great moments in everyone's life worth remembering. And when friends gather, it's the first thing they talk about and only thing through out the night as laughter and beer mugs clinking fill air.

Well I can't say that my life is turning out as planned at the moment, but those "glory days" always gives me something to smile about. My only problem at the moment is that there hasn't been any such gathering in a long time. I sometimes fear that it may lead to the fading of those days. Hopefully, one day we will all gather together to talk and laugh about those days with the goods friends who made them happen. When that day comes, I'm sure that those good times will come alive again and most importantly, so will the emotion that we felt and shared during those great times.


No comments: