Monday, August 4, 2008

Pouring Like Buckets: When The Rain Comes Down By Andy Taylor



It's now August and the rainy season is in full swing. Don't be fooled by the dry morning because the clouds start growing darker and the smell of water grows stronger. Before you can duck for cover, large drops of water start to pelt you like English arrows from Braveheart. Right now when the rain comes down fast and hard, you really to get your wits together and find a way to stay dry or wait out the downpour. It's the same thing with life and since I've been reflecting on the rain, ironically, I remembered a song from the 80's that I liked called "When The Rain Comes Down" by Andy Taylor which remains me of this wet period and a difficult situation that I have to deal with.

I would've wanted to write about this song as one of my favorite party songs during my highschool days but sober events have dampen the theme which I'll be writing about right now. On the up note, this song reminds me of the care-free days that I had as a teenager where we partied on weekends and had not a care in the world. On the downside, just like the rain, right now I'm in a middle of a storm which I have to ride out for a certain period of time. To make matters worse, a recent development has made a bad situation worse and now I have to do something about it.

This is isn't the way I wanted to write about thing song because despite, elements of confusion in the lyrics, it's really an upbeat tune. It just pisses me of that this had to happen at a time when things are difficult enough. As angry as this situation has made me, I'll need to regroup and think of a way to solve this predicament. Hopefully, something good will turn up and things will get better. In time, I have to keep my head above water and toughen things out and I hope I make it through the rain.

No comments: