Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Still Longing For The Good Old Days: Round And Round By Spandau Ballet


Once I again I'm going to hear it from my brothers when they see this post, but right now I guess I'm feeling sentimental and this song fits the mood. Writing that entry about the good old days only made me long for them even more. With the way things are turning turning out, who wouldn't feel this way. If it's not one thing that's going to depress you, it's another. It makes you want to go back to simpler times when things weren't so complicated, let alone depressing. That's what I feel when I hear the song "Round And Round" by Spandau Ballet.

Whenever I hear this song, for some reason, it takes me back to my younger days and it puts me at ease. The video of the song further heightens my nostalgia since it was set at an elementary school showing the students at their most innocent and when I look at them, I have to say that I'm envious. The play scene reminds me of all the skits I use to be apart of and I remember how I was often drafted to those activities. It was the time where your imagination was at it's height and you felt that you can do and be everything you want. Those were the good old days!

I have to admit when I hear this song, images of the past often come alive around me. When they do, I wonder about the people and places that made an impression on me during my childhood. I wonder if they are doing well or trying to get by during these hard times. This question grows more intense during the evenings on the weekends because it's during those times when the urge to look back is very strong.
Maybe one day, those days will come back and when it does, I'll bask in the sun with all those people who made the past a very cool place.

No comments: