Friday, August 8, 2008

The Confucius Song: Catch Me Now I'm Falling By The Kinks




When we're in trouble, there are times when we really can't do things alone and when that happens we can say that we are fortunate whenever someone comes along and solves our dilenma. However, we should never just take the money and run, meaning when people come to our aid, we should be ready to do the same thing for them when they are in need. Sadly, many of us tend to disappear once we get what we need or want and when it's our turn to help, we are reluctant or flatly say no which is a cruel thing to do, especially if these people went out on a limb to help us. I hate to admit but there were times when I was guilty of this shortcoming and the bad times that followed could be a form of karma for my failure to help. Due to that, I've become a firm believer in the Confuscian Rule and the song "Catch Me Now I'm Falling" by the Kinks makes me remember not to do that.

I have to thank our friend Chris "This Bliss" for this because my brothers taped the studio version of this song in his house along with a lot of other cool tunes. For me this reminds me that we should never take good people for granted. I may be too literal but for mem, this song is about Golden Rule "Do not do unto others what others would not do unto you" because the lyrics tallk of a man who has helped others and now needs help but isn't getting any. It's a bitch when that happens because people have helped others through tough times should be taken care of. They are proof that good exists in the world to screw after all that they have done is a terrible thing to do.

Like I said in the first paragraph, I too was guilty of this failure and not a day goes by when I don't think of that person because people like these are becoming a dying breed which is bad news for society. Since then, I've become very careful how I treat people because you can lose material possessions which are replacable, but people like these are not and to know them is a true gift from heaven. So if someone really helps you, help them in the same way, if not ten times more. If you can't do that, remember what Bruce Willis said in the movie Last Man Standing: Do do no favors, don't ask for any.

No comments: