Friday, July 4, 2008

Renewal Of Faith: Sanctify Yourself By Simple Minds



I'm no saint, but I have to admit there are times when going to Church does me some good. Times when I'm in doubt or when I'm sad, the Good Lord always manages to lift me up. Whenever things are a bit depressing, Church and prayer really heal the soul and provide us with energy to face the days trials. Even the most jaded person would soon find himself in church or at prayer to find answers and renewed strength when things get too complicated or too harsh. At times like this Simple Mind's song "Sanctify Yourself" is a really good reason to go to Church.

Although I'm not really a fan of this group, everytime I hear this song, I feel the need to do just that. It's like a new wave/techno gospel song which makes you want to sing along and wash away all the pain. Even if it's not about Church, it's also about renewal or trying to find new strength and new hope when things bear down on you. Just like Billy Joel's "Second Wind", it's a very uplifting song that I thank 24k for playing. My brothers would probably tease me again for posting this, but right now anything that makes you feel good is nothing to be ashamed of.

Though I'm still a little bit feeling down-in-the-dumps, I think I better take my own advice and find a some way renew and sanctify myself. Even though my schedule is tight and my resources are low, I know when it's time to sit down and reflect as well as pray. Hopefully when I find the time, I'll be able to clear my head and renew my faith. Times like this, I think people are like cars. Even person, like a car, needs a good tune-up every now and then.

No comments: