Sunday, July 13, 2008

A Song For A Sentimental Fool: What A Fool Believes By The Doobie Brothers



Personally I have nothing against love because it's what makes the world go round and if there was alot more of it, we wouldn't have that many problems. My only problem with this emotion is that it leaves a person very vurnarable as well as naive. When you put those two characteristics together and have you got: A fool, a very sentimental fool. When love gets hold of you, don't be surprise if people look at you differently when you start fumbling your way day iin and day out. Whenever I listen to The Doobie Brother's song "What A Fool Believes", this thought always enters my mind.

Actually, this was the first D.B. song that I heard and I first saw it being played live by the band during the Grammy Awards where Kenny Rodgers was the host. It was one of the best G.A. that I watched because there were a lot of good bands who performed during that time. I was totally blown away by Micheal MacDonald's voice when they performed. I guess is that thing song talks about people being easily fooled in a bad relationship and how they refuse to see the reality of what's happening. I guess people like that really are fools.

I guess this is the reason why I'm really wary of love. I remember reading an article regarding men's attitudes towards this emotion. Right now, I guess I fall under the category of those who want to be hurt by love as well as those who are content with the love and support of friends and family. With the way things are, I don't want to get into anything really deep and serious because there are a lot of things that I have to sort out. What is important that no matter what the form, love still has a place in the world and that everyone remembers that.

No comments: