Friday, July 18, 2008

Favorite Hangout/Gimmick Time Song: And We Danced By The Hooters



Man, not only am I beat, I'm also broke.  Right now I wish I was 23 yrs. younger.  Back then, there was always something to look forward to From Friday evenings to Sunday mornings.  It was either the five of us would go to movie or have a small drinking party either at our house or at a friend's.  Sometimes, we would just gather around and have a few beers by ourselves and laugh the night away.  Everytime those memories enter my head, we wish someone would play the song "And We Danced" by The Hooters.When I about this song, it brings to mind things only the young can enjoy: partying and meeting your buddies at your favorite hangout.  Although it's more about having a crush about someone, it's also about the things that happen during a party or at a favorite hang-out.  In the video, it's about a drive-in and people searching for something or somone in that place which is always what happens when kids are on a night out on the town.  So many things happening at once, if you look closely enough, everyone has a story to tell as they try to enjoy the night.  My only critique about the video is that I don't understand why they have to tie somebody up and stuff them inside the trunk of the car.When I hear this song, it reminds how empty my weekends are compared to to 23 years ago.  Most of my time is spent on meeting the needs of work and home.  It just struck me lately that I haven't had any personal time for myself.  I know it sounds childish for a guy my age, but I wish I could relive those good times again with all my brothers and my friends at a favorite hang-out.  I guess the stress is getting to me and I really needs some down time with the people I know and love.

No comments: