Sunday, July 6, 2008

Psychedelic Lullaby: Dream Weaver By Gary Wright



It's incredible how a lot of the songs of 24k take me back to happier times when things were simpler and responsibilities were less complicated. Not a day goes by when I don't long for the return of the 24k program. Many times I would try to listen to it from 6:00am Friday to 6:00am Saturday just to savor all the good music from the past. If my body fails to keep up with the program at night, I feel good knowing that I'll be sleeping with my favorite songs I enter the dream realm. My favorite 24k song for that point when I feel sleep overcoming me would be "Dream Weaver" by Gary Wright.

Like all 24k songs, it really takes me away from the harsh realities of everyday life. If the Sand Man was real, this would probably be his signature song. Apart from a song about dreams, you could also say it's a song for an escapist who wished he were somewhere else. When I hear this song, I literally feel that my soul leaves my body to go to places where I can forget all the crap that I have experienced during the day. This song has pschedelic written all over it. Since it was played during the 70's, I'm not surprised since there was still alot of that going around.

Whenever I listen to this song, I wish there was such a thing as Dream Weaver train. I wouldn't think twice about boarding such transport if it's everything that the song said it is. If it will really take me to places I've always dreamed off, I don't know if I can ever get off. Sadly, I haven't such a ride, nevertheless, I this song is the next best thing. Enjoying a little "fat one" while listening to it is highly recomended.

No comments: