Saturday, July 19, 2008

Not Tonight: Not Gonna Let It Bother Me Tonight By Atlanta Rythm Section

Man, not a day goes by when I don't get reminded of all the problems that are happening today.  Everyone from all over the world is feeling the pressure. Whether it is high oil prices, job cuts/unemployment, price increase, etc., no matter where you look, there's always something to remind you.  Sometimes thinking about these problems really starts to bear down on you that you just want to ignore them.  With all the bad news that you read, hear and see, the song "I'm Not Gonna Let It Bother Me Tonight" by Atlanta Rythm Section really sums up what I feel when I don't want to let it get to me.The song really describes today's political and economic situation.  With all the problems stated in the first paragraph, I wouldn't be surprised that there is such a newspaper called the Daily Blues.  Bad guys winning the war on terror as people want to give up;  resources are now dwindling causing a shortage in food; corruption are all that you see day in and day out not to mention natural calamities.  You would be lucky if some really good news got printed which is now becoming a rarity.  I can a relate with the singer when he said it might drive you to suicide because it can if it gets to you.The question is what do we do about it?  Not a day goes by when I worry if we do have enough and yet I wonder about other people who are in more difficult situations than we are in.  I'll toughen it out and hope that I find a way to make it ends meet is what I'm trying to do right now because I don't want to give up to these adversities.  It gets harder everyday, but we find ways to cope because we won't let this beat us.  Tonight, however, I'll just chill and relax because I don't want to let it get to me which will ruin my weekend and that I want to make the most of it.

No comments: