Thursday, July 3, 2008

Good Times And Bad Times: Fire And Rain By James Taylor




Just Yesterday, I was writing about love being able to move any obstacless with
Nicolette Larson's song "Lotta Love", but today I find myself down in the dumps again. Everytime I think about it, my life's like a sick-carousel ride that keeps going around in a vicious circle. The worst part about it is that there's too much of the bad times and too little of the good. These days I wake up and sleep with worry of everything that's happening in my life and stess is starting to get to me. Whenever I listen to "Fire and Rain" by James Taylor, I get a reminder of the bad times in the past and present, but at the same I get a sense of hope that it all will come to pass.

With the my life's been going, this song describes me very well, especially when he talks about sunny days and lonely times. The part that really gets to me is when he ask Lord Jesus for help at his desperate hour of need. I can really relate to that because many times I had that unfortunate episode where things come crashing and there was no one came there to help. The part about the news about people who were gone reminded me of two important people who are no longer in this world. I did what I could but I guess it was just their time;nevertheless, it still hurts to this day.

Whenever I pray, I always mention some of the lyrics of this song, especially about askihng for help to make a stand. These days, everthing and everyone who is important to me remains deep in thoughts as I go through my chores and duties. I know you should always look forward to the future but sometimes the wounds of the past take time to heal. Still, life goes on and we should always to tomorrow as a new opportunity. Always despite the bad times, there will always be good times too and never forget that.

No comments: