Thursday, July 24, 2008

Love Isn't Silly: Silly Love Songs By Paul MaCartney And Wings



Whether it's done by a new wave, techno, hip-hop, country, rock or even metal group, one thing for sure, the 80's were so full of love songs. While some have happy endings and some sad, others talk about getting by after it's over. It just goes to show how universal a theme love can be and no matter what band performs it, it's a sure thing that there's an audience that will listen to it. No matter how deep or shallow, the song will always have a following if love is the main theme. That's what comes to mind when I listen to "Silly Love Songs" by Paul MaCartney And Wings.

Just like any other song regarding a topic, it describes what love is, how it blossoms and it's effect on the individual. There are even parts of the song that describes one's reluctance to talk about the one that he or she loves which is very true. In end, we all end up saying that all-important three word sentence: I Love You. What I like about the song musically is the duet between Paul and his wife, Linda and the horns really blow you away. To sum it all up, this song really sums up all the sings that individual love songs try to convey.

What's my view of silly love songs? Well love makes the world go round and songs like these are proof of that. I have to admit there are times when I feel like pausing whenever I hear a good love song. There's nothing wrong with love songs and although I listen to more agressive music, songs like these are cool to listen to time to time. If it's feel right, there's nothing wrong with that and nothing to be ashamed of in my book and that's that.

No comments: