Monday, July 7, 2008

Getting That Old Feeling Back: Feel It Again by Honeymoon Suite


I know it's getting monotonous but I think I've writing a lot about breaking up or getting dumped in a relationship as well as the terrible hurt that one feels because of it.  Be that as it may, for the lucky some, it doesn't last that long because just when they think it's hopeless, they find someone better.  When that happens, the feeling that you've lost comes back a whole lot stronger.  I really proves Bergson's Shipwreck Theory correct.  Whenever I hear Honeymoon Suite's song "Feel It Again", I really appreciate that lesson.The song is about regaining that feeling that one lost when things fall apart.  I'm no romantic but when the heart starts to mend, it really feels good inside.  This song really got to me the first time, I heard it with it loud guitars and powerful vocals, it really hits the heart.  The bands of the 80's were masters of this which is why I miss the 80's rock genre alot.  This song has something for both rockers and romantics, alike and you don't get that anymore today.

Whenever I hear this song, for some reason it fills me with hope.  It's like discovering a precious treasure that you've lost for a long time and is overjoyed at process.  Very few of the DJs during the last days of RT knew about this song and it's one of the measuring sticks that I use to test how much he or she knew about the music the station played during my time.  Anyone who knew the song and played during 24k got my deepest respect, especially now that it no longer gets any air time.  As for romance, yeah I get a bit sentimental too cause it reminds of the good times in my life like 24k always does during those magical Friday nights.

No comments: