Monday, July 28, 2008

I'm Sinking Song: I'm Going Down By Bruce Springsteen



Because of what's happening in my life lately, my weekend was spent in apprehension as to what will happen next. It's bad enough that I have to ask for money so I can go to work, now I find out that the well is gone dry again. Man, I hate this situation because it reminds me of the I got humiliated during a family dinner and it still smarts whenever I remember the experience. All my life, I dread getting into precarious situations in any parts of my life. Right now I hear Bruce Springsteen singing "I'm Going Down" which literally describes my current plight.

The song describes a good relationship going bad. At first things are good between him and his partner, then things change as she starts growing cold towards him. This leads to him feeling down due to such harsh treatment. In my case, though it's not about a reationship, nevertheless, certain developments have caused me to feel "down" as well. Right now emotionally and mentally, I'm going down.

This is isn't the first time this happened, infact, this is the second and I'm not the only getting affected by this sordid development. Sometimes I wonder why those who toil till they drop are the ones who are the victim of such cruel twists of fate. At times like these, I think of Bergson's Shipwreck Theory and I also pray for a solution to this mess. I hope I see the light out of this tunnel very soon cause it's really giving me tensions. At times, like these, I hope the Good Lord guides me to something better because there's gotta be more to life than this.

No comments: