Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Love As An Agent Of Change: Lotta Love By Nicolette Larson



I remember what Dennis Quaid's character in the movie DOA said about knowing what it feels like to be successful. It's not about money or fame but dedication to your work. The sign of dedication is that one truly loves what he or she is doing. I agree a lot about that statement and I know that when one loves his or her work or the source of their energy comes from the love that they have for what they are doing, they can accomplish anything. Saying that, reminds me of the song "Lotta Love" by Nicolette Larson which is one of my favorites of all time.

Originally written by Neil Young, she made this song her own and nobody sings it better than her. During the final years, of RT, songs from the 60s and 70s were getting less and less air time. This song was one of the few that were still being played. Hearing the combination of flute and saxophone combined with Nicolette's voice, really grabs you by the heart keeps your ear literally glued to the radio. This is one of those "drop-everything-that-you're doing" songs because it is so good to hear when it plays on the radio.

Some people ask me why I started this blog and why I spend everyday of the week writing about my favorite songs on that program. The answer is that it really is a labor of love. I loved the program and the songs that took me back to the days of my youth, I wanted to share with everyone all the songs that I loved listening to. They say when something you love disappears, doesn't mean the feeling for that thing disappears entirely. The same can be said about why I write about my favorite songs on this blog because it's out of love for the old music which holds so much good memories that made life wonderful for me and it is that same love why I had the courage to write about it online and share it with everyone.

No comments: