Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Closet Feel Good Song: Lifeline By Spandau Ballet



I'm going to get it from my brothers again if they see this post. Back then, I listened to music that went against the norm of my batch. Mostly rock, folk, blues and metal were the tunes that I belt out on my radio when I turned it on. New Wave, Techno and Hip-Hop tunes were definitely out of my list. When I started out in College, all my favorite rock bands and stations died out of the airways and I spent alot of the time switching the radio knob back and forth for a good station that played my songs. Along the way I kept hearing the song "Lifeline" by Spandau Ballet which was definitely not on my playlists of tunes; nevertheless, for some reason I felt good about listening to this song.

When I see all the depressing developments happening in the world today, I have to admit this song lifts my spirits when I hear it. For me, it's all about living life to the fullest. When I see the video, the red line traveling through the telephone polls makes me think about how connected we all are and how great it is that we are all somehow connected to one another. The best part is when we all make that connection which makes life all the more beautiful. Another thing about this song that I like is the infectious tune, which tells you that something is happening and it invites you to be apart of it. Lastly, one of my best buds liked the song, so told myself why not.

I'm surprised that they don't air this song that often. When I think of the hard times we are in today, songs like these are food for the soul. When I say that, I mean that it's a real morale booster that helps you forget about the bad things that are going on. I really must be getting old because when I was younger, admitting you like something that was against the your social orientation was very difficult to do. Well I guess you can say that this is one of my "Closet Feel Good Songs" because for some reason I feel good when I hear it.

No comments: