Friday, July 25, 2008

The Truth Is The Truth: Any Major Dude By Steely Dan


You know right now, I'm just recovering from an illness so hitting me with bad news is a sure knockdown. At this point of my life, I feel as vurnarable as a cube of ice in a furnace at the highest temperatures set. At times when I think things aren't going to get worse, they do. Still, you can't deny what's happening and even if it hurts, you have to face up to it. I guess that's what the band Steely Dan meant in the song "Any Major Dude".

Right now, if it's not one bad thing that I'm dealing with, it's another. Although people try to show sympathy to your plight, it can't hide the reality of the situation. Even if you suger-coat, the truth, it will still be the same and you have to accept it. Right now things are tough and getting tougher and now one will tell you otherwise. You can run from it, but eventually you're going to have to deal with it. I guess I'm at that point where the demon is at my door.

There is a a bright side to this song where it tells you that in the morning the demon won't be there. I really hope what he said that world that breaks apart will come together again because I have seen my world come apart one too many times and I can't take another painful process. I guess like the songs says, it's all up to me to figure things out. I just hope this time around, I make the right decision.

No comments: