Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Dark Charmer: King Of Dreams By Deep Purple



Deep Purple is one of the most famous rock bands in the world. They rank up there with Led Zeppelin, Black Sabath and other rock legends that have produced some of the best rock songs of all time. While they are more famous for such classic hits like "Smoke On The Water" and "HighWay Star", I'm writing about another song. Some of you out there would probably protest and I don't blame you, but the reason I'm doing this is because this song was kept alive by RT's 24k program and it's a rare hit. This is the first 90's song that I'll be writing about and it's called "King Of Dreams".

The song describes every parents worst nightmare: Tall, dark strangers seducing their daughters at their favorite hangout. In the video, it was in an amusement park where the said character seduces the girl and takes her for nomerous rides and mysteriously disappears in the dark after jump of the rollercoaster. I guess it speaks alot about those smooth talkers. Though this song was in the 90's it had an 80's beat that I still very much fond of and I guess that's the reason why 24k kept this song alive. It was only recently that I learned about this when I surfed for the songs album called "Servants And Masters".

When Joe Lynn Turner signed with the band, the fans had mixed reactions about the change. While some liked it, purists didnot and this led to his being dropped from the group which I just read from wikipedia. I don't know about the others, but I like Turner's vocals. Though I have to admit that even though I liked the song, I was surprised that this was performed by Deep Purple. Bevertheless, it was a good song and they should give the man some credit for making something different and original rather than trying to copy the original which is worst.

No comments: