Saturday, July 5, 2008

Bittersweet Old Love: Kayleigh By Marillion



One thing about being single is that you often think about the relationships that never came to be.  Once in a while, memories of those relationships enter my head and I found myself being flooded with different feelings all at once.  This is true whenever I found myself alone on the weekend with a cigar in one hand and a beer in the other.  When the sky slowly turns dark, the intensity of those emotions grow stronger.  One such that can trigger a reaction in me was performed by the band Marillion called "Kayleigh".Just like a lot of 24k songs, it describes a love from the past that didn't end happily ever after. Instead, it ended with each accusing the other of breaking his/her heart which led to the relationship's end.  Years later, he still remembers the sweetness of the relationship by describing the places they've been to and the things they did together which had a special meaning for them.  Now that she has someone new, it makes the memories of what they had even more bittersweet.  It really hurts when a relationship that you thought would last forever comes to a bad end.I guess among the five of us, I'm the most unlucky when it comes to relationships.  Right now I'd rather be single so that I can attend to the needs of my family and I'm doing the best that I can.  I have so much to think about that relationships are out of my prioirities.  Nevertheless, I have to admit that sometimes it hits me when the memories come back bacause I feel like I somehow missed out on something.  I guess that's why they are so bittersweet.

No comments: