Saturday, July 26, 2008

Funny Billy Crystal Song/Video: Marvelous By Billy Crystal



Billy Crystal is for me, one of the funniest comedians that I have ever seen. His hostings of the Oscar and Grammy Awards never fail to make me laughs. Infact, everytime he cracks a joke, it really sends falling to the floor gasping for breath in between howls of laughter. From the first time, I saw him in the sitcom Soap to the present, he never fails to tickle my funny bone and that's no understatement. One of the funniest times I saw him during my high school days, was a song that always reminds me of the fast times of my decade laced with a little humor called "Marvelous".

The song was based on his S.N.L. character named Fernando (my surname) who can be described as a womanizer trying to score in a dance club and uses the word "Marvelous" to score. You can also say that his character is very vain in his attempts to meet women. Instead, he gets into all sorts of hilarious situation, the funniest for me was when he was talking to a girl when her large boyfriend comes in, prompting him to make a quit exit. Other funny parts of the video are his spoofs of Grace Jones, Prince, Tina Turner and other celebrities.

Time hasn't slowed down Billy Crystal. He's still very funny and his jokes always hit the mark with the audience. Whether it's movie, hosting an event, a guest appearance on a talk show or television series, he always makes me laugh. I hope he keeps it up, especially now when there's very little to smile about. To sum it all up: YOU ARE MARVELOUS!!!!

No comments: