Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Don't Want To Be A Cartoon Casualty: You Can Call Me All By Paul Simon



Man, I don't like what's happening lately. I feel that I'm repeating past events over and over again. The places and people have been rearranged, but I feel that I'm in the same situation once again. I fear that I'm living my life in a sick movie script where I'm playing the same character and the same skit with just a few re-assignment of character roles of the people around me. The reason I hate and fear this is because it proves that I haven't learned anything from the past and am doomed to repeat which is becoming more and more evident everyday. When I listen to Paul Simon's song "You Can Call Me Al", it reminds me of that awful fear that things in my life won't change.

I don't claim to have an exact interpretation of the song but there are a lot of parts in the lyrics that describes this fear that I have inside of me. I can really relate with the first part of the song about not wanting to be a cartoon in a cartoon graveyard which I too fear. At times when I was at my weakest, I found myself relying too much on others hoping that they have the magic solution, but alas, they don't. At the moment, it's been one problem after another, not only for me, but also my family as well and I don't find it amusing at all! This is one cartoon that has no humor and it it claims to have any, it's in bad taste!!

Right now the house is in an uproar because of plumbing problems which is one hell of a situation to come home to. Right now tempers are high and pockets are empty which is sadly part of this sick cycle. I don't know if there are people who find this funny and if they do, they are sick people indeed. If the Almighty, is watching and listening, please help me find a way to solve this problem and break this cycle. I know it's all up to me, but can you atleast help me make a stand because I don't want to go through this again.

No comments: