Monday, July 21, 2008

The Cheaters' Song: What If I Had Been The One By 38 Special



Although it's on a late schedule, sometimes I watch the reality show Cheaters where clients hire private detectives to spy on their spouces to see if they are cheating on them and if they are, they get exposed on National T.V. for their infidelity which is very embarassing. If there's one thing I learned from this program is that if you get caught, face up to the consequences of your actions. Nobody likes being cheated on because it hurts when you care for someone and they do that to you in return. When a person is scorned, you can bet that there'll be hell to pay and that's no understatement. Watching that song reminds me of the song "What If I Had Been The One" by 38 Special.

Like the song, the video illustrates how infidelity can destroy a relationship and the terrible sequence of events that it triggers in it's aftermath. An abandoned bride that leads to her shooting the culprits and zooming away in her car at the end of the video. I have to admit I don't blame anybody for flying off the handle when they find that they are being cheated on by their spouses. Even if they did something wrong, people forget the age-old lesson: two wrongs don't make a right. The only thing I like about the song were the horses running through the field and though it's a ballad, it's still packs a punch.

If you look at the romance drama movies during the '80s in the Philippines, it all deals with love triangles and what pisses me off is the fact that a lot of times, the cheaters get away with it. What's even worse is that the victim is left forlorn and made to blame for the whole situation. Going back to the song, like all 38 Special songs (which I will be writing a lot in this blog), it's a good country rock song that still kicks butt. Songs by this band really rock and I never tire of hearing them. As for the song's message, please remember the following: Cheaters never win and two wrongs don't make a right.



by

No comments: