Thursday, July 10, 2008

Date/Reminisce Song: Cool Night By Paul Davis


After more than 20 yrs., whenever I listen to Paul Davis'song "65 Love Affair", I still get overwhelmed by feelings of the good times that I experienced in the past which comes alive and takes away the stress of the present. That's the reason why I never get tired of hearing it on 24k. I didn't realize that he performed another 24k song that I also liked. Though it's more of a romantic/date song, it also talks about nostalgia which is the essence of 24k. The song is called "Cool Night" and is now included in my list of 24k favorites.

The song describes an invitation to spend a quiet evening with a special someone. It has all the elements date song with the firelight and memories of the good life really give that "cozy feeling" when things get rolling. This song also takes you to that special place where everything is just pure heaven that you just don't want to leave. I bet who ever got "invited" felt right and didn't go when they heard this song. This is one of timeless songs that never gets overplayed, especially when you're on a date and slow dancing with your partner.

If it's not for a date, I say it's a good chill out when the day is over and it's time to relax. As always, I'd probably light up a cigar and open a beer or some whisky while I listen to this song. Like 24k songs, I just close and let the song carry me through the night. I miss songs like these and I feel sad when I remember the news about Paul's death. Again, thanks for the cool song Paul and I'll do what I can to keep it alive.

No comments: